Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Addi Lace Needles

First let me state that I love these needles. I wish they made the pointier tips in all sizes. I would so buy them.

I do have a problem though. :( For some odd reason when I use them my fingers and yarn turns black (not dark black, but there is a black residue on it, so it makes the yarn have darker spots. That is not good when you are using a white yarn.)! I had a set of them when they first came out that did it. I contacted the Skacel company that makes them to see if there was a solution. I received a very prompt email that said they were having problems with the first batch and to return them to where I purchased them. I did this and traded them for the new shipment that was supposed to be fixed. Sadly this is not the case for me.

For some odd reason the new needles have been doing the exact same thing. There is nothing that you can see structurally wrong (they look brand new). I just don't understand why this is happening.

I have sent Skacel another email today and I am sure I will get and answer back in the next few days with what I should do. I am just so disappointed. :(

I do not use lotions, or hand soaps with lotions. As many of you know about James and his Celiac, so we use the cleanest, gentlest, purest hand soaps as possible as well as everything else. I have tried washing my hands before knitting with no success. I have tried just leaving my hands as is and still the same result. I am so confused.

I want to knit with my Addi Lace needles. I love the needles, the points are perfect for me, and they feel good in my hands. I am hoping that there will be an easy fix to this. Maybe I just got another bad batch? I hope so. I will gladly trade them in for new ones that won't turn my fingers and yarn black.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.