Our On Line Store and Info.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

I have been in a bit of a frenzy trying to get things dyed up for my first show of the season toward the end of next month. With having the kids home all day and it taking time and concentration to dye I have only been able to work on it in the evenings after Kevin gets home.

So far my tally dyed is:
31 skeins Baby Alpaca/Silk/Cashmere Lace (Opulent)
55 skeins of Merino SW Fingering weight (Sensational)

I have been winding yarn while the youngest takes a nap and have 30 skeins (400 yds each) of a new Corriedale/Nylon Fingering weight done so far, and about 25 of BFL fingering weight. Things are coming along slowly.

I have been very diligent at dyeing every night, well that is except for last night. :( Kevin sent me a msg from work yesterday saying that his left hand and foot were kind of numb, his jaw was hurting, his chest was heavy, had a headache and so on. With all the heart problems in his family I told him to call 911 and get to the hospital. The stubborn man that he is finished work, came home, showered and tells me he felt a little better after a shower. Umm that wasn't going to fly with me. I played the kid card and he decided to go to the ER. ;) They took him right back, gave him a nitro pill and nitro paste, did an ekg, blood work, battery of other tests. He said that after having the nitro he felt much better other than the pounding headache from the nitro. Finally all the tests came back and he was told that everything looked fine on paper, but with his symptoms they wanted to do a stress test to be safe. This meant they wanted to keep him. Of course he wavered and wanted me to tell him to come home, but even though I wanted him home I knew that he should stay (don't make me play the kid card again lol). So now it is a waiting game as to when they will ever get to do the test. I sit here at home nervously waiting to hear something/anything.

In my "spare" time I have been working on a shopping cart for my website! Yes folks it is finally in process. Not as fast as I had hoped, but a little here and there is better than nothing at all. :)

Sorry for the photo-less post. Photo taking, just has not fit into my day recently. Hoping to get photos of all the dyed yarns, but that is going to take quite some time to get a picture of every colorway that has been dyed on each yarn. LOL

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.