Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Warm Fair Isle, Cold House

UPDATE: Kevin was able to fix the furnace. He was able to get it fixed Friday night. So we are warm again. Thanks for all the warm wishes. Keep your fingers crossed that it is fixed.

Slowly the little Fair Isle Sweater is coming along. One day it will grow up into a big sweater.

I am really enjoying knitting this. The Fair Isle parts are so much fun. I have finally found my groove again with the 2 handed/2 color knitting. It took me a while to get back in that groove and I am sure that some of the people at my FNSLYS (Favorite No So Local Yarn Store) were wondering what I was thinking knitting something so challenging. It looked like I had two left hands and neither of them knew what the other was doing. Guess that is what happens when you haven't picked something up for over a year.
















I do have my groove back. If you saw me knitting on this and thought "Wow what a mess that girl is". I promise it and I don't look like that now. LOL

I really wish I had more time to work on it. Between vet appointments, Dr. appointments, James' new found love for books again, (if he is awake I have to read his entire mass quantity of books until it is either nap time or bed time. I swear that I have them all memorized. Kevin laughs at me because I can read quite a few of them without even looking at them.) the normal daily household cleaning and such I just don't have much time to work on it. Hopefully things will settle down in a while and I can get back on a routine again and some knitting time will be included in there some where.



















Currently we are trying to stay warm. I had to call Kevin this morning to let him know that the furnace wasn't working! Currently we are at 50 degrees in the house. Burrrrrr. Kevin took a 1/2 day to hopefully fix it. He had to go and get a part that USED to cost $7 that now costs $75! Sadly at the moment it doesn't seem to be working. I just thank God that we have a heater (oil filled electric heater) hooked up in James' room. At least he will be warm. If we don't get it fixed I will be packing up and either heading to the In-laws or my Mom's. Please wish us luck that Kevin can fix it. We don't have the $$ to pay for some one to come in.

My feet are cold. Guess it is time to add another layer of socks. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.