Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Mom's Christmas Scarf

Still on the Christmas gift tangent here. As for 2007 knitting I have been working on pair of socks for Kevin. The man has a size 17 shoe! Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I knit these. LOL

I made my Mom a scarf this year as one of her Christmas gifts. Of course with the weather being so warm lately I don't foresee her needing it if the weather keeps it up. I guess she will be ready for next year if this winter doesn't get any cooler.


















I used the Yarn Harlot's One Row Handspun Scarf Pattern. The pattern was so easy to memorize and it was a fun knit. It knit up fairly quickly as well. I am very happy with the pattern and the way it looked and I would love to make more of them. Maybe I will list a few on my Etsy store.

Here are a few close-ups of what the pattern looks like knit up. Cool hu?



























I can say that the above pictures are washed put quite a bit. The picture below shows the color more true to what it is. It is a nice deep red.


















Details:

Needles: Sz 8

Yarn: Yarn Source Sol 100% Wool Burgundy (this is my NSLYS's own line of yarn click the link below the picture on their web page to see all the colors and to order it on line, plus check out their own line of silk called Passion the prices are really good for both of them)

Pattern: Via Yarn Harlot

I am really ready to knit this pattern again. It was fun and pretty much a mindless knit. If you can count to 4 you can do this pattern.

So my question to you is from all the colors of the Sol which one is your favorite or top favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.