Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Felted Diaper Bag

So I saw this diaper bad and just had to make it. A friend of mine was having a little boy and it was calling my name. Isn't it just too cute?!



Here is the first side pocket and part of the bottom and side pockets. What yarn is that you ask? Well it is the luscious Malabrigo. Yes - I am going to felt it. No - it isn't a sin to felt Malabrigo, though I did second guess myself for doing so.



Here is a close up of the above picture. I double stranded the bottom of the bag. I figure that they are always drug across the ground and that could be a major wear point. So instead of following the 1 strand throughout as the pattern called for I modified it to use a 2 stranded bottom.



Now I have all the pocket flaps and bottom finished and have picked up all my stitches and am beginning to make the upper part of the bag.



Here is a close up of the above picture.



It is getting really close to being done. All I have to do is the dark blue around the top and the strap. I am so close I can't wait to get it done and felted.



Yet another close up.



Here it is completely knit up with handle and all. It now just needs to go to the washer for felting. After felting and drying I am going to needle felt their name on one side of it. I thought that would add just that much more of a personal touch to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.