It has been quite a day of nervousness and tension here. It all started for me at 7am. James woke crying and I went to see what was wrong. When I walked into his room there was someone there already! Kevin was supposed to be at work so needless to say seeing someone in James room scared the crap out of me. Thank God it was Kevin.
I asked him why he was home and he said that he would talk about it in a minute. While he was calming James down I nerviously waited for him to come out. Finally James was calm and he came out to tell me that he couldn't swallow anything. He could breathe, but not swallow. He said that he was hungry at work and had taken some fried chicken and instead of chewing and drinking liquid with it like he normally has to he just chewed a little and swallowed. He said that he could feel it get stuck in his esophagus above his stomach. This was at 2:30 that morning. He said that he tried to get it up or to get it to go down, but nothing worked.
He ended up going to work that morning and then decided to come home and see if he could get into the Dr. I told him that he needed to go to the ER, but he refused. (MEN!) So since he could breathe I sent him to bed and hoped that maybe being able to relax while sleeping will help let it pass through. Unfortunatly that didn't work. So he called the Dr. and was told by the receptionist that he needed to go to the ER. He decided to try the Urgent Care in town. He wouldn't let me go with him since he thought I should stay home to take care of James and he didn't want to mess with his schedual. Ummm a nap isn't important when it comes to the healt and well being of my husband. They thought that they could help, but nothing worked. He couldn't get liquids to go through or anything. It would all come back up and he couldn't even swallow much of his own saliva. So the Urgent Care told him to go to the hospital.
So while all this was going on and I was waiting to hear what was going on I was getting things together to take James somewhere just in case. I got the call saying that he was being sent to the hospital, so that was my cue to ramp things up. I tried to get a hold of my in-laws, but the line was busy. I had my SIL and BIL both trying to get a hold of them to see if they could keep James for us. Finally we were able to get in touch and I ran over, dropped James off and headed to the hospital.
By the time I got there they had already had Kevin in recovery. The procedure took 8 minutes. He was really groggy and kept asking the same questions over and over. I felt so bad for him, but I was glad that it was over. He asked me when they were going to take him back and I had to laugh. He had no clue that it was already over. They were able to push the piece of chicken through and he was free and clear. They also took a biopsy because they think he has Eosinophilic Esophagitis. We will know some time next week if that is what it is. If so it is treatable with medication and sometimes medical procedures. They placed him on Nexium in hopes to help as well.
We are all home and the boys are sleeping. It could have been much worse and we still won't know everything until the biopsy results are back. So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We will be faced with a large medical bill since our insurance sucks and fights paying for anything, including in-network Dr visits. We will cross that bridge when it comes. I am just glad that we are together again tonight.
If you made it this far you desirve some fiber pr0n. Below you will see some of my hand dyed roving and hand spun that is available for sale. If you see something that you like just send me an email and it will be yours. *All shipping listed to the US, but will ship worldwide and I also combine shipping.
BFL SW Angela 4 oz
$15.00 + shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
BFL SW Fall Leaves 4oz
$15.00 + shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
Merino SW Snips N Snails 4oz
$14.00 + shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
BFL 1 7/8oz - 125+ yds - 14WPI - 5-6 sts/in on US 4-6
$18.75 + shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
BFL 1 3/4oz - 129+ yds - 15 WPI - 6-7 sts/in on US 3-5
$19.50 + Shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
BFL 1 3/4oz - 83+ yds - 13 WPI - 5 sts/in on US 6-7
$12.50 + shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
Merino SW 4oz - 245+ yds - 13 WPI - 5 sts/in on US 6-7
$29.50 + shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
Merino SW 3 3/4oz - 261+ yds - 16 WPI - 6-8 sts/in on US 2-4
$31.50 + shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
Corriedale SW 3 1/8oz - 121+ yds - 13 WPI - 5 sts/in on US 6-7
$17.00 + shipping ($2.00 1st class/$4.60 Priority)
On another fibery note, I got in another shipment of base yarns so I will be dyeing them up soon. I have a special order to do first then I will start on the rest. If you happen to have something that you might like dyed up let me know and I will add you to the list and do it forst before I do the yarn for the site.
Finally Holly is having another contest. She is giving away some lovely yarn and needle holder. Head on over and enter. Let her know that you heard it here and I will get another entry.
Have a great rest of the week. Friday is just a day away.
- I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.