Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Acquisitions at HHFF

Yeah I know. It is a little late, but hey, better late than never. I thought that I would finally share with you my acquisitions that I got from the Hoosier Hills Fiberarts Festival.

First up is the Merino Roving.

I just loved the colors. It looked like It would spin up into interesting yarn. So I got 1/2 lb of it. It came from Anne's Fiber Expressions. She had some really nice things. It was hard to pick just one.


Next is the 50/50 Merino Tencel

I have never tried the Merino Tencel blend and this color just called to me. It looks silky smooth. I am very interested in how it spins up. I picked it up from River's Edge Weaving Studio. Oh was their stuff nice.


Then there are these.

This little beauty is 4oz of 100% Merino. Love the colors. Seems I am all about color lately.


Yet another 100% Merino. I know the colors look a little familiar to the first one. A girl can never have too much color in their life.


This is a Merino and Silk blend. I love the feel of it. I hope that it spins up as well as it feels.

I got all 3 at Hooked on Felt. She had some really nice rovings and I just couldn't choose one, as you can tell.


Next is BFL.

Fleece Artist BFL. Need I say more?.


Fleece Artist BFL. 65% Wool 35% Silk. Yep another silk blend, but this time with BFL. Yummy BFL.

These were purchased from The Trading Post.


Next up is the fleece.

The fleece was purchased from Different Things Farm. They weren't sure what type of sheep it was from, but I really liked it and bought it. It was labeled that it was from sheep #7, so your all's guess is as good as mine on what type it is. It looks to have a good crimp. So we will see how it washes and combs up.


I picked up a little something for James too.


These were too adorable to pass up. He loves puppets and I thought that these would make a great gift to bring him back. Yes, he does love them. We play with them quite a bit. Looking back I should have gotten more of them. They had a ton of different ones. I got them from Mount Ampato Alpacas.


Finally we have these.

9.8oz and 11.8oz of 100% Alpaca in Black, White and Rose Brown.


9.8oz 100% Alpaca Black, Grey. Reminds me of an Oreo.

I drooled over these all day, but waited to close to heading home before purchasing it. I knew that I would never be able to resist, but I wanted to make sure that I was able to get a good variety of things before this purchase. I made this purchase from Frontier Fiber Mill. Oh, was all their stuff nice. I so love Alpaca!

All in all I think I did pretty well. I got a good variety of wools, textures and such. Now it will be all about the spinning for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.