Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

So Excited!!!!

First I would like to thank you all for your kind words about the events that happened with my Mom's dog. I knew deep in my heart that we did the right thing, but it is always nice to hear others that can reassure you, especially when the doubt starts to creep up again. Thanks!! You are all so wonderful.

I am so Excited!! Tomorrow I am going with Susan to Fiberworks in Beavercreek. I have been there once before about a month ago and I have also met Arlene (the owner) many years ago when I got my drop spindles, carders, combs, etc. She is such a sweet lady. If you are ever in the area, stop by her shop. She has an amazing selection of books, yarn for hand knitters and loads of things for spinners.

Speaking of spinners. My main reason for going tomorrow is this.......



That is the Kromski Sonata! I will be getting mine tomorrow!! The one that I am getting is of the darker walnut finish, but I couldn't find a picture of it. This will be my first spinning wheel. I am so excited. I feel like a child at Christmas. I will finally be a spinner and be able to spin my own yarn (of course with lots of practice). I already know how to use a drop spindle, but I am not sure how that translates into a wheel. I hope that it will be an easy transition for me.

Now I have a question for all you spinners out there (and non-spinners if you have any ideas). Where do you like to get your fibers from. I know that there are a ton of people out there that dye roving and all that fun stuff, so what are your favorite places to get your roving, fleece or what not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.