Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Ohhhhh Naturwolle

I have been looking back at some old posts and realize that there are quite a few posts that never made it to the blog. Humm. Well I think it is time to start posting them even though they are older than the hills. ;)

I have since knitted this sweater and wore it as a coat this winter as it was soooooo warm. Everyone thought I was crazy for just running around in the sweater, but I couldn't wear a coat with it or I would melt. I am so happy with it and everyone that has seen it loves it. :) I will post photos of the sweater later. Come to think of it I don't think I have a picture of myself with it on.

.........................

I have been so in love with this wool for such a long time. It doesn't hurt that I absolutely love the colors Blue and Yellow together.







I also like the fact that the wool isn't spun too tight, kind of like myself. LOL Isn't this yarn gorgeous?



This yarn is 100% New Wool. The gauge it calls for is 3 1/4 sts per inch on US 7-10. I can say that the pictures do not do this yarn justice. If you have ever seen it you know what I am talking about. It is so soft and fluffy and the colors range from dark rich to bright and lively.







I am planning on making this sweater from Interweave Knits Fall 2005 issue. It is the Bulky Brioche Raglan from Ann Budd.









I can't wait to get my hands into this yarn. I am trying to resist it's tempting ways as it whispers my name every time I pass and tells me all the things that it will do for me. "No!" I say. "I must finish other things first!" I don't know how long I can be strong. I might succumb to it and let it have it's way with me. So if you see me fondling any Naturwolle and you know that I have other things that need done before, please shake me back to my senses. Thanks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.