Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

We Have a Swatch, Some Knitting & Need Some of Your Wisdom

Ok folks if you don't want to see or hear anything about the February STR kit this year it is time to move on. I'll wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Since you are this far now I am guessing you want to see the pictures that I have for you.

First is my swatch. It seemed like it took forever to get gauge. From the bottom to the top is 0, 1, 2 and 3. It was rather odd that I seemed to get the same gauge with my 0 and 1. I did end up getting gauge finally with the 2, but I just wanted to make sure that was ok so I went ahead and tried the 3 just to make sure. It amazes me how much a needle size can change the patterning of the yarn.

I took all of the pictures outside on a nice bright and sunny day. =)


So I knit the toe with a size 2 and decided to use a 0 for the foot. The pattern calls for a nice tight fit for the foot so I figured that the 0's would be my best bet. I am really liking the way that they are knitting up. The yarn is so yummy and I just love the colors. As so many people have said, it isn't a color that I would have picked for myself, but I love it.


It isn't as obvious here, but the sock looks like a ummm......... uhhhhhh......... mushroom, yeah that's it, a mushroom. I have actually gotten a few odd looks from people. LOL I think it is pretty funny. Kevin was wondering what the heck I was knitting. ;)


Here I am almost to the heel. It felt like it took forever to get this far. I am guessing that it is the size 0 needles. My hands and fingers are hurting as well from it. I am excited though to get them done even though it might be too warm to wear them.

It was 81 F here today!! I about fell over. Needless to say all the windows were opened and James spent most of the day outside.


I did turn the heel with my size 2's and started on the leg. The sock fit before starting the leg. I decided to use the size 2's for the leg as well. I was all the way up the leg and had cast off, but hadn't tried it on in fear of snapping my DP needles and I was being too lazy to put them on circs. to try them on.

Well as my S-I-L always says, "Whad' ya learn?" I learned that I should have tried the dang thing on. I could get my foot in the leg with no problem, but where the turn begins to go down to the foot is where I got stuck. I am guessing high arch?

I have went up to a 4 and don't think I like the way it is knitting up. This is my first pair of toe up and I have no clue what to do to solve this problem. Any of you knit toe up sock have any info. or suggestions that you could pass my way? I am stuck staring at my sock really wanting to finish it. I don't want to go any farther for fear that I will have to rip it out again.

Thanks for any help or suggestions that you might have on the sock. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.