Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com

Shop www.KnittedtoaT.com
Our On Line Store and Info.

Monday, May 8, 2006

Sockapaloooza Socks Finished!!

The socks are finished in the mail and Jennifer has already received them and left me a lovely comment on them. I had a blast making them and would love to be involved in the next one.

During this I found a new sock yarn. Lorna's Laces! I had heard people talking about it and how much they loved it, so I thought that I would give it a try. Oh My! I never thought that it would be so nice to work with. I have a new love. The next socks that I knit will defiantly be from Lorna's Laces. I enjoyed knitting with it so much that I couldn't wait to do the next sock. Normally I dread the second sock. Of course I am going to be making a pair out of Malabrigo so I am positive that I will love that too. :)

On to the pictures and specs. of the socks.










Materials:

2 Skeins Lorna's Laces Shepherds Sock in the Mt. Creek color way.
Size 2 Addi Turbo 60" Circular Needles

Sock pattern is the Jay Walker from MagKnits. I used the biggest size of Casting on 84 stitches. I worked it from the cuff down. I did everything by the pattern, other than the length of the sock, I just played that by ear. No other modifications. I was very happy with the way that they turned out. I am going to have to make me a pair of them soon. I am a tight knitter, so I used ALL of both skeins for the socks. I am glad that my sock pal liked them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a married Mother of 2 beautiful boys and 1 adorable girl. James was born on 1-1-05. Isaac born on 7-21-09. Anna born on 3-21-12 I have been married since Nov. 2001. I have 3 dogs (white lab/mastiff mix, black lab and black lab mix), 4 black cats, many angora rabbits (French, English and German, many fish, hamsters, hermit crabs, frogs, chickens and our newest additions 2 bottle lambs - or as my husband fondly calls it "the zoo." I currently live in Indiana, but grew up in Ohio. I am a house wife, and absolutely love my job. I have started my own hand dyeing business called Knitted to a T. I sell had dyed yarns, rovings, stitch markers, wool washes, patterns, and many other goodies.